STRESSED ABOUT YOUR MOVE?
Moving seems like a massive effort! With a little preparation, however, the daunting task becomes much easier and more manageable. We decided to help you out. We created these checklists to give you a simple reference point for the responsibilities on your plate.Any questions please call us at: 540.692.3650
Congratulations on your acceptance into a Mint Management home! We pride ourselves on our communication with our tenants. Here is some helpful advice to help you get started, and our start in pre-emptive communication:
First Month's Rent & Security Deposit
The first month's rent check, security deposit, and any other fees owed should be paid at the lease signing. Be sure to confirm the amount in advance to avoid any problems and setup auto-pay.
Move-in Date & Inspection
We will schedule your official move-in date with you and provide any necessary inspection information at the lease signing. You can of course reach out with any questions to the number above.
Please ensure to place all of your rental’s utility accounts in your name. If you don’t do this after moving into your rental, you will lose access to utility service. You will be responsible for any fees associated with restoring access to the property. Don’t forget the internet.
We're always sad to say goodbye to fantastic tenants like you! We hope you loved staying with us. We will send you a survey so that you can provide any feedback. In the meantime, don't forget to ensure you are all set for your move. Be sure to take care of the following:
Notice of Intent to Vacate
All tenants must provide written notice of intent to vacate. Refer to the terms and conditions of your lease to determine your agreed upon moving date.
Your rental must be returned to its original condition before you turn in the keys. This includes:
- Rental Cleaning: Clean your rental. Take the time to sweep and mop all floors. Please wipe down hard surfaces, and sanitize the bathrooms. You may need to remove your belongings from the home still, be sure to triple check for your left-behind items.
- Landscaping & Outdoor Areas: If you have an outdoor space where you mow and weed please take care of these tasks before moving.
- Repairs: If damage occurred during your stay, you’ll need to repair them or find a solution with our team. We know trustworthy handymen for your needs.
Home Cleaning and Maintenance Checklist
- Remove light fixtures, clean and replace broken light bulbs, and put fixtures back.
- Ensure bulbs are functional, matching bulbs are used in fixtures, and with proper wattage.
- Ensure blinds and window coverings are dusted and free of any debris/dirt/stains/grime.
- Dust/wash/rinse dirt, grime, and marks from baseboards.
- Clean light switch covers, electrical outlets covers, door jams, and thresholds.
- Clean, scrub and rinse all non-carpeted flooring.
- Remove personal property, food, personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies/products, etc.
- Clean window sills, frames, tracks, casing, and inside of glass. Inside glass should be free from smudges, fingerprints, stickers, etc.
PAINT TOUCH UP:
- Walls will need to be repaired/painted where needed. If touch ups are minor, the cost will be the homeowner. However, if damage to the walls is excessive (more than 10 small holes), Mint Management reserves the right to pass through some of the expense to have the walls repaired/painted. If you choose to do the work yourself, ensure the work is done in a manner that is professional and cannot be noticed from 5 feet away or more. If you are not confident in your ability to paint/repair, it is better to allow Mint’s preferred vendor to take care of the touch-up.
- Please move the refrigerator away from the wall.
- Clean grease/grime off the wall behind the refrigerator.
- Scrub and mop floor where the refrigerator would normally stand.
- Clean the sides and top of the refrigerator. Including vacuuming underneath.
- Move the refrigerator back to its original place.
- Remove items from the freezer. Then defrost the freezer and clean inside.
- Remove and clean shelves and crisper drawers inside the refrigerator.
- Clean the inside of the refrigerator. Clean the seal of the refrigerator, as well.
STOVE, MICROWAVE, DISHWASHER:
- Remove grease/grime from walls, cabinets, and behind the stove.
- Scrub and mop the floor where the stove normally stands.
- Move the stove back to its original location and placement.
- Remove grease/grime from the microwave (inside and outside).
- Clean the range top, hood, front and doors. Remove grease and grime from the oven, including racks, broiler and drawer.
- Clean the inside and outside of the dishwasher. Including edges of the door.
CUPBOARDS, DRAWERS, and COUNTERS:
- Remove food, debris and grease particles from surfaces. Wash shelves and drawers.
- Remove soap, scum, and stains from tubs, fixtures, and shower rods.
- Clean wall tiles around tub areas.
- Scour and clean the sink and soap holder.
- Clean vanity cabinet inside, outside, and doors.
- Clean the inside and outside of the medicine cabinet and cabinet door (including the mirror).
- Disinfect, scrub and remove stains from the inside and outside of the toilet.
- Clean line closet/shelves and both sides of the door.
- Scrub and mop the bathroom floor, making sure to remove all dirt.
- Clean any closet shelves, rods, tracks, casing, and both sides of doors.
- Clean both sides of all doors around the house, including casings.
- Vacuum all of the carpets.
- Please vacuum all floor heat vents (registers).
- Mop all vinyl or tiled areas.
GARAGE, GROUNDS, MISC:
- Remove all debris, dust, sweep, remove oil stains, etc.
- Remove all personal property.
- Please make sure the yard is maintained as per the Exterior Maintenance section of the lease.
UTILITIES, POST OFFICE, AND RETURN KEY:
- Contact your utility companies and remove them from your name as of the move out date on the last day of your contract per the lease agreement.
- Ensure all utility payments are current. Remember, you are responsible for all utility payments through the last day of your lease and until all keys are returned.
- Notify the Post Office of your address change. usps.com.
- Notify Mint Management of your forwarding address in case important mail accumulates at your rental.
- Return all of the house keys, mail keys, garage remotes and gate openers, if provided.
- Carpets have to be professionally cleaned upon move out.
- Provide a copy of the carpet cleaning invoice to Mint Management.
- If any pets resided in the rental there is a mandatory pet treatment to carpet areas, and this needs to be reflected on the invoice you provide us.